What will he/she need?
- A bag - I got a back pack off e-bay which I got personalised with Baby's J's full name on for under £8.00
- Nappies - I send in a large handful at a time in & top it up every other day
- Baby wipes
- Nappy cream
- Hat & gloves [incase of outdoor walks]
- Blanket [I send in a fresh one every other week]
- Spare set of clothes - I send in a spare vest & sleep suit.
- Spare dribble bib
What should he/she wear?
Comfy clothes, that aren't complicated to take on / off. Most days Baby J wears tracksuit bottoms, & either the combo of vest & long sleeved t-shirt or long sleeved vest & t shirt over the top & dribble bib. He always goes in wearing a cardigan / hoody / coat too. Most of Baby J's clothes are labelled to save mix up.
I made it really clear to Baby J's key worker, that unless Baby J has an accident that there wasn't any need to change his clothes. I'm not worried about him getting a bit muddy or spilling food down himself.
How do I take his/her food & milk in?
I send in lunch, pudding and afternoon snack. With lunch if I'm not sending in a jar or a pouch I send it in, in a little bowl which has his name labelled on it. I put everything in seperate sandwich bags and for the first few weeks I labelled everything: J's lunch / pudding / snack.
With milk I send the power in labelled pots, and send in x 2 labelled bottles filled with cooled boiled water. I also used to send in a water drinking cup, until the nusery started providing their own.
Check with your nursery before your baby starts, with any luck they'll provide you with a checklist.